The Ledway Road fixture was selected for this project as the many available configurations provided the versatility needed to find the right solution for each lighting requirement:
- 85 fixtures of 120 LED with optic type QV on 10 m conical columns were used in the car-park.
- 11 fixtures of 60 LED with optic type PR on 5 m conical columns were used for the store entrance.
- 6 fixtures of 80 LED with optic type AC on 10 m conical columns were used for the loading/unloading bays.
- 5 fixtures of 40 LED with optic type TS on 8 m conical columns were used along the road.
- 5 fixtures of 60 LED with optic type TS on 8 m conical columns were used on ramps.
- 8 fixtures of 100 LED with optic type PR on 13 m conical columns were used for flags.
Average values in car-park:
Average illumination from 21 to 26 Lux
General uniformity Uo= 0.28 to 0.69
Average illumination= 43 Lux
General uniformity Uo= 0.55
Outdoor loading/unloading bays:
Average illumination= 10 Lux
General uniformity Uo= 0.30
Average illumination= 24 Lux
General uniformity Uo= 0.47
Average illumination= 20 Lux
General uniformity Uo= 0.66
The Cree LED fixtures created a 65% energy saving, equal to 100 kW per year, as they use less energy than high-intensity discharge ones and feature internal control electronics to adapt light to actual requirements.